HM Systems works with guardians, teachers, and families to help kids achieve their goals. Our pediatric therapists provide high-quality occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology/mental health, and speech language pathology. Equally important, we communicate thoroughly and support you in every way we are able.
More than ever before, we are committed to providing children and caregivers safe and successful therapy services. That’s why HM therapists now offer private and comprehensive services over video conference.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy applies purposeful, goal-oriented intervention in the assessment and treatment of children with disabilities. At HM, we help kids engage in activities that matter the most to them.
After a thorough evaluation, our occupational therapists help in a variety of skills, including:
- Small object manipulation / fine motor skills
- Sensory-motor processing skills
- Social emotional development
- Perceptual skills
- Oral-motor skills
- Academics related to neurological motor struggles
- Skills for daily living, such as dressing, washing hands, eating, using the restroom
- Executive functioning
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Physical therapy promotes pain-free and healthy living using scientific principles to prevent, assess, correct or ease acute or prolonged movement problems. Physical therapy can help in cases of congenital issues or unexpected injuries.
Below are just a few areas that our physical therapists can evaluate and help:
- Gross motor coordination
- Getting around home, school, and the community
- Proper seating and positioning
- Adaptive equipment needs
- Pediatric orthopedic deficits
- Sports injuries in kids
- Participation in play and leisure activities
Pediatric Speech Language Pathology
At HM, our pediatric speech pathologists offer comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services to help kids communicate. They also help children who have problems with swallowing.
Speech therapists evaluate and provide guidance in these areas:
- Speech and articulation skills
- Language skills
- Oral-motor skills
- Swallowing skills
- Cognitive or thinking skills
- Nonverbal communication, social skills
Our pediatric psychologists provide direct counseling support and behavior interventions, to students, collaborate with teachers, families, and other professionals that are involved. We use talking, playing, and other activities to give kids the tools to process emotions. We also work with caregivers to create successful and positive communication and relationships.
Psychologists & Counselors help children, families, & schools in many areas. Below are just a few:
- Help children express emotions, feelings & thoughts
- Promote motivation & engagement
- Manage child/student classroom & home behavior
- Help resolve acute, long-term or chronic problems
- Help families understand their child’s learning & mental health needs
- Adjust routines to improve engagement & learning
- Support social & emotional learning
- Implement positive behavioral supports
HM infant educators (IEs) provide a family centered, play-based approach to intervention services for infants and children up to 3 years old, under the direction of the Director of Early Intervention. IEs assess, support, refer, and educate in accordance with program guidelines.
Infant educators also:
- Coach caregivers about how to stimulate the child’s development in the areas of communication, motor, social-emotional, and self-help
- Provide activities designed to facilitate learning
- Collaborate with a team of multi-disciplinary providers to carry out treatment plans
- Connect you with specialists to address specific challenges